Succeeding Loving Hut (Wan Chai) for the HK veg Best Restaurant of the Month Award is Greenwoods. Here’s a super quick run down.
Greenwoods opened in Tsim Sha Tsui in September 2013 as a pioneer all vegan raw food restaurant in HK:-
- Raw food doesn’t mean all of the food is simply washed, sliced, chopped and served
- Many ingredients are cooked using a dehydrator
- In doing so the food is not heated above 41 degrees C
- The motivation for this is health benefits of eating food in which the enzymes have been preserved
(The noodles in the pic above are made from zucchini. The pic after that is raw lasagne)
It’s health food all the way at Greenwoods. As well as being all raw vegan food it is also all organic. Neither do they use refined sugar. If you take a look inside you’ll see the restaurant is green by name and green by decor. There entire vibe of the place has a very chilled out tone. The place aims to be healthy for the mind and body. They’ve also a health food shop in an adjacent room. The people behind Greenwoods have acted as guiding lights to other enterprises in HK embracing raw food.
(The cheesecakes in Greenwoods are sensational)
Greenwoods is of course on the 5 minute vegan Hong Kong guide.
- 13/F, 2 Carnarvon Road
- Tsim Sha Tsui MTR exit D2
- +852 3428 2416