Yet another convert to the vegan cause. Beauty and Juice said a few weeks ago they were going all vegan. They are now asserting the conversion is complete. This is the low down.
Beauty and Juice originally was a compressed juice operation (as the name implies). A couple of months ago Beauty and Juice went into partnership with Alpha Living Planet. This was with the intention of Wings Lam at Alpha Living Planet taking control of food catering. This meant taking egg out of the food. With honey also having been used in some of the juices, the new all vegan strategy meant the honey had to go also. This was completed in August. We agreed though with Wings we would only publicise this all vegan conversion once the Beauty and Juice website was updated to reflect the removal of the honey. Wings has now notified us that the website is updated with the reference to honey now a thing of the past.
Wings also told us that the food offered at Beauty and Juice is currently all raw style vegan food. Cooked food may possibly be added to the menu in future at the colder time of the year. Wings says the kind dishes currently on offer for example are:-
- starters – home made pickles e.g. purple cabbage pickled in apple cider vinegar, raw soups such as sweet pepper and tomato soup, gazpacho
- snacks – cheesy kale chips, beetroot falafel
- mains – zoodles with nori sea vegetables & nut cream, crispy pizza, lasagne. ‘Rice’ is grain free made primarily with cauliflower
- desserts – ‘signature’ vanilla caramel ‘cheese’ cake with cashew & other nut derived cheese, rich chocolate fudge cake, apple pies, cup cakes
(All pics on this page taken by Jennifer Lai)
The food is all gluten free. And the kimchi is of course made without shrimp paste / fish sauce.
This merits Beauty and Juice being the latest addition to the 5 minute vegan Hong Kong guide.
- Beauty and Juice
- Shop G60, E Plaza, 7 Shing Yip Street
- Nearest MTR – Kwun Tong exit B1
- +852 5202 8803 / +852 6170 2437
Beauty and Juice also have a small outlet in Causeway Bay that currently retails only juice.